Where to Start
Where to Start
We understand arranging funeral and cremation services can be overwhelming but our family will help you through the process, ste-by-step, with care and compassion.
- Contact the Social Security Office Our family files the Statement of Death by Funeral Director for you. If death or survivor benefits are available, you can contact the local office at 800-772-1213. Information and forms are available online at the above link.
- Insurance Companies: Our family can assist you with obtaining and filing insurance forms. The process can be difficult so don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- A Will, property transfers or vehicle transfer
- Savings or Bank institutions, including safety deposit boxes and other investments
- Unions and work related organization (if retired)
- Fraternal organizations (Mason Lodges, Eastern Star, Knights of Columbus, VFW Posts, Etc.)
- The U.S. Postal Service
- The Church
- Veterans and Veterans’ Associations
- Our family will assist you in requesting a flag for burial purposes, a Presidential memorial certificate, burial allowances (if available), and applying for a veteran’s headstone or marker (if desired). Some services require a copy of the veteran’s discharge papers (DD-214). If these papers are lost, the staff can assist in requesting copies from the VA.
Earlene Hawk Broadwater Batis, age 73, of Uniontown passed away Wednesday, January 25, 2023 in Scottdale Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. She was born November 20,…
John R. (Jack) Over, age 80, passed away on Monday, January 23, 2023 at his home. He was born in Uniontown, PA on December 18,…
Patricia A. Check Altman, age 68, of Uniontown, passed away at home with her loving family by her side. She was born February 3, 1954,…