Where to Start
Where to Start
We understand arranging funeral and cremation services can be overwhelming but our family will help you through the process, ste-by-step, with care and compassion.
- Contact the Social Security Office Our family files the Statement of Death by Funeral Director for you. If death or survivor benefits are available, you can contact the local office at 800-772-1213. Information and forms are available online at the above link.
- Insurance Companies: Our family can assist you with obtaining and filing insurance forms. The process can be difficult so don’t hesitate to ask for help.
- A Will, property transfers or vehicle transfer
- Savings or Bank institutions, including safety deposit boxes and other investments
- Unions and work related organization (if retired)
- Fraternal organizations (Mason Lodges, Eastern Star, Knights of Columbus, VFW Posts, Etc.)
- The U.S. Postal Service
- The Church
- Veterans and Veterans’ Associations
- Our family will assist you in requesting a flag for burial purposes, a Presidential memorial certificate, burial allowances (if available), and applying for a veteran’s headstone or marker (if desired). Some services require a copy of the veteran’s discharge papers (DD-214). If these papers are lost, the staff can assist in requesting copies from the VA.
Contact us to make arrangements
Download this PDF, fill it out and return it to Ferguson to begin the process
Richard Dean Leadbeater
Richard Dean Leadbeater born July 27, 1958, passed away at his home on May 25, 2023, with his loving family by his side. He was…
Ian Michael Price
From the moment he was born on August 20, 1990, Ian Michael Price was beyond loved by so many. As long as he lived, if…
Harry F. Hughes, Jr
Harry F. Hughes, Jr. of Uniontown, PA, passed away May 18, 2023, at the age of 92. He was born in Uniontown on November 23,…
Donald L. Bates, Jr
Donald L. Bates, Jr., age 63, of Uniontown, passed away Wednesday, May 17, 2023 in Bella Health Care. He was born December 12, 1959 in…